Term and conditions:
- Koodo will communicate with you regarding the Refer-a-Friend program by email.
- The friend (referee) that you send the referral to has 30 days after receiving the referral to claim the offer (enter their name and email address into the system). After claiming the offer, the referee has 30 days to activate on a Koodo post-paid plan and visit the referral site to provide their new Koodo phone number. They can find the link to enter their phone number in the confirmation email they received after redeeming their offer. Click here to view full rules of the program.
- The person being referred must enter their name and email address into the referral system before they activate their service with Koodo.
- To make a referral as part of the Program, you must be a current Koodo Mobile customer. Referral program is applicable to Koodo Mobility referrals only. Wireless Home Phone, Tablet, or Koodo Internet customers or activations are not eligible to participate in the referral program.
- You and your referrals have to accept the Program Terms to participate in the Program.
- Both you and your referrals must have an active, non-suspended consumer postpaid account in good standing – the program is not available to prepaid customers. All referrals have to be made using the referral system on koodo.com/refer
- To be eligible for the referral credit, both of you must have active service with Koodo when the credits are applied. The person being referred must keep their account active for 90 days after activating. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them.
- There is no limit to the number of referral offers you can send to your friends. However, you're limited to a maximum of $300 off your bill per calendar year.
- You can only send referral messages to individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship.
- You cannot refer a new line to your own account and receive a referral credit. Other subscribers on the account can refer their friends to a new Koodo account. You are able to add up to 7 lines per account, therefore there is a maximum $2100 referral credit available per account, per calendar year (up to $300 per line).
- The referral credit is not available for referring existing customers (the referral must be a new Koodo Mobile customer).
- Referrals cannot accept more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If they receive multiple offers, a credit will be applied to the account of the current Koodo customer whose referral they accepted through the Program.
- To be eligible for the referral credit, you must (i) explain the Program to your referrals and obtain consent from each referral to use their personal information for the purpose of sending them the referral and (ii) abide by these Program Terms. Referrals must provide consent to use of their personal information in order to participate in the Program.
- Subscribers that are on seasonal hold are not eligible to receive the referral credit. If the line is put on seasonal hold within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them.
- Refer a Friend credits are non-refundable, have no cash value, and will not be paid out upon the termination or cancellation closure of a subscriber line.
- Koodo or TELUS sales representatives at Dealers, Corporate Stores, and associates at Retail locations are excluded from this Program. The referral credit is not applicable to these parties.
- Eligible bill credits will appear on your next bill within 4-8 weeks.
- Koodo assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by Koodo on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. Koodo reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Koodo, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorised means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the Koodo team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Koodo Mobile may end the Program or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any referral credits.
- The referral credit value may vary by province. Koodo reserves the right to adjust the credit amount applied to your bill, if the province you selected prior to sending a referral differs from the province of your billing address.
- Credit provided is discretionary and includes applicable taxes (based on the taxes levied in the province of supply) therefore the value displayed on your bill is the value before tax. For example, a $10 discretionary credit offered in ON includes $1.15 HST, meaning the credit value displayed will be $8.85. The $1.15 HST is captured as a reduction in the amount of tax charged on your balance owing. For more information, please visit koodomobile.com/billcredits
Koodo Refer-A-Friend Contest
HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
Entrants will be automatically entered into the contest if a friend or family member, who are newcomers to Canada, successfully activates a Koodo mobility account. To enter, entrants must:
(i) Visit https://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/refer; and
(ii) Click on the “Start Referring” icon and complete the refer-a-friend details (the “Referral”).
Note: In order for your Entry to be considered “successful”, your submitted friend/family member referral must activate their new account, during the contest period, using the unique email link provided to you during the online refer-a-friend process. Both the Referrer and the friend/family member will each receive a $25 bill credit in accordance with the Koodo Refer-a-Friend program. See program terms and conditions for complete details. https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms
Each successful referral will give an entrant one (1) entry into the contest for a chance to win a $200 Visa prepaid card. There is no limit to the number of referrals/entries submitted. Contest runs from November 8 to December 5, 2023. No Purchase Necessary. This contest is intended for select Koodo postpaid customers only. To enter and be eligible for the prize, entrants must refer at https://choosehappy.koodomobile.com/refer . No other form of participation is accepted. Koodo is not responsible for late, or incomplete entries. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the contest closing date and entrants must be a Canadian resident 18 years of age or older, excluding Quebec. By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree to any and all liability related to this contest by Koodo is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.
THE PRIZES There will be ten (10) winners in total. Each winner will receive the following prize:
- One (1) $200 Visa prepaid card.
Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, is not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Koodo for cash. Koodo reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
A random draw for all ten (10) Prizes will take place on December 12, 2023 by a Koodo representative. The draw will include all qualifying entries received from November 8 to December 5, 2023. The selected winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within four (4) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer an unaided mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within seven (7) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded.
All entries become the property of Koodo. Koodo assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged entries. Koodo reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. All entrants that are customers of Koodo at the time of entry and/or at the time of Prize award must have their Koodo accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the Prize.